Monday 12 November 2012

CU Clean-Up Super Sun Block Review

Today, I'm going to review my favourite sunblock! 

 I had gone to KK Hospital for some mild aesthetic (laser) procedures and needed a sunblock to protect the scars from turning into pigmentation. I have used a few brands of sunblock before, but was getting pretty lazy about it and haven't regularly applied it for the past few years. I don't tan very easily, don't have pigmentation, but because of the procedure, got scared out of my mind at possibly getting another skin problem. Plus, I thought I needed to take care of my skin before I got old. SOB.

There were a bunch on display but I'm not sure why I picked this up. Maybe because it had "sensitive skin" and "super antioxidant" on the bottle, and has pretty high SPF. In my opinion, why bother with SPF 20-30 if you can wear 50! :P

 No English words on the back.

Ingredients list on the box. It does have parabens and phenoxyethanol, but this doesn't break me out at all, and I have been using it for a few months now. (my skin is sensitive, combination-oily) It has plant stem extract in it...  I just read something about that being the latest trend in Korean cosmetics.

I have tried Biore (pink one), Avene (too heavy and white, so I use it for my body now), Cetaphil (my 2nd favourite), Lancome (it's ok) and some others I really don't remember now... But this one is definitely my favourite!

 It's a slightly runny, watery texture and white in color. Very lightweight. And for those who hate the white cast sunblock gives, look at how it is when it blends out! (very easy to blend out)

INVISIBLE!!!

It actuallly dries quickly and matte, so you can put on your bb cream or concealer over it right away. 
I don't tan easily, unless I purposely try to, but under normal circumstances, my skin was a normal, Asian- kind of fair, not very fair like some Koreans or Japanese.

After the laser procedure, I started wearing this everyday, especially where the laser marks were, and in just 1-1.5 weeks, I was noticeably much fairer. Even a friend noticed... She said my skin looked softer and seemed to glow too. HAHA, must be from getting fairer. 

You can buy it at KK Women's and Children's Hospital's Aesthetic clinic which is located within the Breast Centre on the 1st floor. Just ask the ladies at the counter where you can purchase the aesthetic products. :)

The price is a great plus too- it was about SGD 25+! Highly recommended. Even my mom asked me to get her a bottle, and she's fussy about skin care and cosmetics ;)

How to get there, click here.


1 comment:

Leave a comment! :)