Thursday 1 November 2012

Updated with ingredients list: Vichy NormaDerm Active Anti- Imperfection Concentrate Review

 I bought this two or three months ago to try as I was getting a breakout and one blog reviewer who tried it gave it a very good review! The fact that it worked for her and that her skin type was like mine (oily T zone but with dry parts, and small breakouts) gave me some confidence to try it out.

I'd been using Oxy5 for awhile but the thing I hated about it was how drying it was. It would dry out the skin around the pimple and leave a slight scar. This one, however, does not dry out the skin AT ALL!

 The back of the tube. Not much info on the packaging. But it does contain 4% salicylic acid which works at killing those zits, and contains some good mineral water from France. Haha...



The packaging actually claimed to reduce the size of the pimple in 8 hours and make it completely disappear in 24hrs. It wasn't true for me at all, but I kept at it and after 1 week, my skin improved considerably. I've been continuing with it, and with good skin care, proper removal of makeup etc (not including hormonal periods every month), this pimple cream really works.

Updated:  For pimples that aren't huge but just slightly inflammed, this pimple cream does bring down the redness very quickly, for me, and they go away in about a day.

It has a slight greenish tinge but when applied, is colorless. I don't use it only on big spots but just spread it out over the area with pimples. A little does go a long way. It dries matte and is non-sticky too, which I love. Am definitely going to buy more when it runs out... which is soon! I use it twice a day, and it doesn't dry my face out.

Retails for SGD 29 at pharmacies, I got mine at Watsons. If the salesgirl is at the booth when you go, ask for samples of whatever you'd like to try from their brand, they're quite happy to let you try. :)

Updated:  Last weekend 03/11/12, I went to two Watsons at different shopping malls and could not find it!! I panicked for a bit, but thankfully they're still available in abundance at KK Hospital (got a box there), and my cousin spotted them at the Watsons at the new wing of Plaza Singapura. I hope they never discontinue this!

More info here.

2 comments:

  1. Just bought this, great to have a quick review of it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! :)